I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Easter Egg Fillers {Cardboard Trucks and More!}

Here's a blast from the past with an Easter post that was originally published in 2012.

Aren't they adorable? I'm so excited about how they turned out! They're a version of the "Small Wooden Trucks" in the book Made To Play by Joel Henriques. You can find info about the book here and Joel's blog here. I'd really recommend at least stopping by his blog, but the book is definitely worth the buy.

I used his templates but did them on cardboard instead of wood. You could easily make your own designs too (I'm just not that great at that kind of thing) :-) Then instead of using a wood burner to create the details I used a Sharpie after I applied watercolor paints. 

They're super cool, but the main reason I made these is because most of them are small enough to fit into plastic Easter eggs!
I'm also making cardboard versions of the "Small Wooden Animals" in the book. Those aren't quite ready yet though. These are a nice alternative to candy. :-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that was a nice trip down memory lane! We still get the cardboard toys out from time to time over a year later. They're great to take to a restaurant! I may just make more this year.

Would you like a few more Easter ideas? Here are more from 2012:




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is where I party:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. My son would love those cardboard trucks. I might just have to make him some to put in our easter eggs!

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!