I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Happy, Happy Hippo {A Freezer Paper Stenciled Shirt}

 
I’m loving freezer paper stenciling! It’s so easy to make one of a kind custom shirts which is a good thing, because how many hippo shirts do you come across in Target? Yeah, not too many.

My little guy still loves hippos, so I made him this shirt to wear at our day at the San Diego Zoo. This is my first attempt at layering different colors of fabric paint, and I couldn’t be happier with the results!
I also used a different technique to apply the main color of the hippo. I sponged on three different colors to give this hippo a different look. It was also a good way to work in a little purple for my little guy (his favorite color right now). Can you see the little bits of purple? I love the dimension the technique created.

I used this clipart to create the hippo shirt. Such a cute face!



I'm linking at these great parties:
Mondays: Sweet Sharing Monday *  The Girl Creative * Destination: Cutesy Monday * What's In The Gunny Sack *  Made by you Monday*Make It Yourself Monday*Mop It Up Mondays*Make The Scene Monday*Make It Pretty Monday*
Tuesdays: Riverton Housewives Roundup *  Show Me What You Got * Tuesday Time Out  * Tasteful Tuesdays * Too Cute Tuesday*Tuesday's Treasures*Crafty TuesdayTrendy Tuesday
Wednesdays: Super Link Party * Show & Share * {Wow Me} Wednesday *From Dream To Reality*Create & Share*What I Whipped Up Wednesday*What We Wore & Made Wednesday*The Creative Spark Wednesdays* Milk & Cuddles*Made By Me Wednesdays*Adorned From Above*
Thursday: Pin'Inspirational Thursday Recipe Roundup *A Crafty Soiriee * Creative Thursday *Taylor House Thursday*Transformation Thursday*Hookin Up With HoH*Creative Juice Thursday*Live Laugh Linky Thursday* Link Party Thursday*Taking A Time Out Thursday*Eat Make Grow*
Fridays: Delicately Constructed Fridays * Flaunt It Friday * Financial Friday Link Up  *Friday Fun Party* Friday Flair*Pity Party*Frugal Friday*Friday Favorites*Weekend Craft Soiree*Weekend Warmth*One Creative Weekend
Saturdays: Strut Your Stuff Saturday * Once Upon A Weekend * Sharing Saturday * Dare To Share Saturday * Craft, Create and Inspire * A Pinteresting Party*Serenity Saturday
Sundays: Nifty Thrifty Sunday * It's Overflowing Sunday Party  * Cooking & Crafts Party


4 comments:

  1. So adorable! I love that you added a few extra colors in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really, really cute...pinning it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This hippo is so adorable. I love all the stencils you're doing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE Hippos!!! The t-shirt is adorable!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!!

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!