I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Friday, May 4, 2012

Quick and Easy Gift {For A Birthday or Mother's Day}

Here's a quick idea for a mother's day gift (or in my case a birthday gift). It's so much cuter than just a potted plant and you actually still can have the use of the watering can. 

I found this watering can in the dollar section at Target.
I had intended to maybe make some paper flowers to put in it and give to my sister with the Chalkboard Plant Pots, but then I saw these pansies at Ace Hardware one day.
Real flowers are so much nicer than just paper ones when you can get them! The pot looked like it would be about the right size to fit in the watering can. Turns out that it was perfect!
Then I added a little sign to wish her a "Happy Birthday!". I just printed two of them (one for each side) and attached them to a skewer. 
After I put it together, I got to thinking that this would also make a nice Mother's Day gift, so I made a "Happy Mother's Day" printable as well. I've got that one along with the "Happy Birthday" printable below. It's a great, simple, easy and reasonably priced gift (it cost me less than $5.00). I hope you all enjoy!

Here are the printables. You can click on the picture to open it in a new window and then right click to save it to your computer. I also have links to download the files below the pictures.

I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi - just wanted to let you know that your link from my last blog party is featured today on the current party.

    -Pamela, InspiredByFelicity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am featuring this beautiful post at our blog this week. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!