I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

DIY Easter Egg Grass

Does that plastic Easter egg grass drive you crazy? I don't have too much experience with it since my little guy is so little, but I remember my mom not being a huge fan, so I figured I'd make an alternative.

I cut strips of paper about 1/2 an inch wide and then used my paper crimper (I think I've seen them at Hobby Lobby) to crimp the pieces of paper. That's it. Simple.

Here's a few things I've got planned for my little guy's basket. We're keeping it simple this year.
  • The basket is a bucket with a shovel (he loves shovels)
  • Crayons and animal coloring pages
  • Toy bugs
  • Sidewalk chalk (he's a little young but this is something I plan to do with him)
  • Bath toys
  • A book with stories about Jesus.
What are you putting in your little ones' Easter basket? I'd love for you to leave a comment with your ideas. 

I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties. 

4 comments:

  1. What a good idea! I have to pick up that grass for weeks after Easter!

    Thanks for stopping by Reading Confetti!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This is such cute Easter grass! We hope you'll be back to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We loved having you! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having a great week!!

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!