I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pallet Book Shelf {Book Rack}

I'm not sure if this should be called a shelf or a rack...at any rate it's great for holding my little guy's books!

I'd like to preface this post by saying that you should make sure to get permission to take a pallet if you see one lying behind a store. My husband works for a major retailer, and those pallets aren't necessarily trash. They may just be there because there is no room inside the building.

Now on to the fun!

Books, books, books! It seems like we were constantly tripping over books, and I couldn't find a good place to put them. So, when I saw this post at Six Sisters' Stuff I was super excited! A bookshelf made from a pallet! It was cute, seemed easy, and we happened to have a pallet in our backyard!

So a couple weekends ago we got to work! Ok, so my husband got to work. I really had every  intention of helping him, but it was so easy that he didn't really need that much help. 

If you'd like to make your own, head on over to the tutorial at Six Sisters's Stuff. It's a great tutorial, so I'm not going to repeat any of the details here. :-)

Now we have a great place to store all those books that have been getting underfoot. :-)


Pin It

I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I love how you painted it white. It makes it look whimsical, in a way!

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!