I needed a gift bag yesterday and remembered seeing these newspaper gift bags at How About Orange. What a great idea! I whipped one up real quick but used scrapbook paper instead of newspaper.
I won't give you a full tutorial since there already is one, but here's how I used scrapbook paper instead of newspaper.
In the tutorial you're supposed to cute a rectangle that's 15.5 inches wide by 8.25 inches tall. Since my paper was 12x12 inches I needed to make it a little wider. Here's how:
- Cut two pieces of paper 8.25 inches tall. One will be 12 inches wide and the other should be 4 inches wide.
- Score the smaller piece vertically 1/2 an inch over from the edge.
- I followed the instructions for scoring and folding the larger piece and applied it to both pieces before I attached them together, so i could use my scoring tool (it can only accommodate a 12 inch piece of paper)
- Fold the section of the smaller piece you scored first. Put lots of glue on that folded area and attach the smaller piece the the larger piece to create one big piece.
- Follow the rest of the directions in the tutorial to complete the bag.
I turned out pretty cute, and I think that it will be fairly quick to make the next time since I've got creating a larger piece of paper figured out. It's a great use for some of that paper I can't seem to stop myself from buying. :-)
I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties.