I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

5 Minute Magnet Tutorial


I printed some wallet size pictures for a collage picture frame (a Christmas gift) the other day and ended up with extra prints. I was just going give the prints along with the frame, but then I got to thinking that they may want to put the prints on the fridge. I didn't want the picture to be covered up though, so I thought it would be a good idea to turn the pictures into magnets themselves. Here's how they turned out:
Here's what you need to make your own magnets:
  • A wallet size picture (you may have some senior pictures that were sent with graduation announcements)
  • A business card size magnet or a sheet type magnet to cut (we get these magnets with our phone books)
  • Some type of adhesive (a tape type adhesive will work better than glue)
  • Scissors

Trim the magnet to a size just smaller than the picture.
Apply the adhesive to the magnet.
Line the picture up with the magnet. Place the picture over the magnet and press firmly.
And that's all there is to it! 
I made several in about 10 minutes.
This is a great project to use up those business size magnets that sometimes come with the phone book and a nice way to display wallet size pictures (senior pictures that you sometimes get with graduation announcements for example). 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!